August 2018 Update! Tokyo Pub Crawl is holding some wild summer themed pub crawls, check their website for summer event details and tickets. Tokyo Pub Crawl, Explore Tokyo’s #1 nightlife party in the cities best pub crawl bar hopping event,国際交流パーティーバーツアー 国際交流パーティーバーツアー Explore Tokyo’s #1 nightlife and join an international party with locals, expats, and travellers […] More
Tokyo is one of Asia’s top nightclubbing destinations and for good reason. The city has two of DJ MAG’s Top 100 nights clubs, a long and rich history of night clubbing, and the world’s biggest DJs performing in Tokyo on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, with such a wide range of nightclubs available, it can be hard […] More
Lonely Planet’s guide to Tokyo covers a wide range of aspects, from food to cultural insights. A must-have for Tokyo newbies.
Lonely Planet Tokyo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spend all-night in a karaoke parlour in Shinjuku, walk the forest path to Tokyo’s largest Shinto shrine, Meiji-jingu, or sample the delights of Mitsukoshi’s food hall; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Tokyo Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, pop culture, performing arts, visual arts, tea ceremonies, cinema, literature, architecture, onsen, festivals, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 40 colour maps
- Covers Marunouchi, Nihombashi, Tsukiji, Ginza, Roppongi, Ebisu, Meguro, Shibuya, Harajuku, Aoyama, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno, Asakusa, Odaiba, Shimo-Kitazawa, Korakuen, Yanaka, Nikko, Hakone, Hamakura, Mt Fuji and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
This phrasebook is full of wild phrases that will make any conversation interesting. If you want to sound like a native, then this it the book for you.
Next time you’re traveling or just chattin’ in Japanese with your friends, drop the textbook formality and bust out with expressions they never teach you in school, including:
•Explicit sex terms
•Raw swear words
Dirty Japanese teaches the casual expressions heard every day on the streets of Japan:
How’s it hanging?
Beron beron ni nattekita.
I love ginormous tits.
Wanna try a threesome?
Yatte miyo ka sanpi?
I gotta take a leak.
He’s such an asshole.
Aitsu wa kanji warui kara. More
Making out in Japanese a fantastic tool for dating in Japan! Highly recommended for Tokyo Night Owls.
This phrasebook follows the bestselling Making Out in Japanese providing additional (and classic) phrases for travelers, including ones to help you make acquaintances, discuss likes and dislikes, share a meal, go out on the town or develop a romantic relationship.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to Japan and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use phrasebook makes this possible. More Making Out in Japanese has been completely revised and expanded to be even more helpful as a guide to modern colloquial Japanese for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Japanese expressions that aren’t covered in traditional language materials. As well as the Romanized forms (romanji), each expression is now given in authentic Japanese script (kanji and kana with furigana pronunciation clues), so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This Japanese phrasebook includes:
- A guide to pronouncing Japanese words correctly
- Explanations of basic Japanese grammar, such as, intonation, word stress, and particles
- A guide to male and female usage
- Romanized forms of words and phrases (romanji)
- Complete Japanese translations including Japanese characters (kanji) and the Japanese alphabet (kana)
- Useful and interesting notes on Japanese language and culture
- Lots of colorful, fun and useful expressions not covered in other phrasebooks
Do you want to have one of the best nights of your life in one of the greatest cities on the planet?
If so, this book is for you – the Tokyo nightlife tourist.
For the same price as a mixed drink, you’ll get the inside scoop on the best clubs, bars, sex, sleep, and eats in the best nightlife districts of Tokyo: Shibuya, Roppongi, and Shinjuku.
Read it on your Kindle…or on your phone! With the Kindle app for iOS and Android, you’ll have it in your pocket for the entire trip.
It doesn’t just tell you where to go either – it also tells you what to say! With Japanese phrases throughout the book, you’ll be making new friends – or “friends” *wink*wink* – in just a few simple minutes.
Be careful though – you might end up having so much fun that you decide not to catch your flight home! More
It is no secret that Tokyo has some of the world’s most amazing nightclubs. From all around the world, foreigners travel to Tokyo to experience not only Japan’s amazing cultural sights but Tokyo’s version of nightlife. However, despite the popularity of Tokyo’s nightclubs, very few travelers book VIP tables. And that is a shame because […] More
On June 23rd (Sat), ageha is hosting Tokyo’s wildest nightclub party of the year… LUMBERJACK! This completely outrageous event is produced by TURNED ON, and it has been wreaking havoc all over Tokyo for the last six years. The party features top-notch production, five dance floors, lumberjack go-go dancers and appearances of Bigfoot and werewolves! Guests also receive […] More
It is that time of year in Tokyo where the cherry blossoms bloom and the Japanese pack their local parks to eat and drink the afternoon away. Commonly known as Hanami (Cherry Blossom Viewing), Japanese office workers, friends, and families get wasted with beer and chu-hi’s while sitting on blue tarps placed under cherry blossom […] More
After a long night of dancing and pounding down jager shots, nothing helps absorb alcohol quiet like feasting on a massive bowl of ramen noodles or fresh handmade sushi. Luckily for us Night Owls, Tokyo has no shortage of late night restaurants waiting to serve us some marvelous late-night eats. Here are the best restaurants […] More
Tokyo party people! We are making our list of Tokyo’s Best Nightclubs for 2018, but we need your help! Below is our poll for the best Roppongi nightclubs, Shibuya Nightclubs, best techno nightclubs and hip-hop nightclubs. Let us know your favorites by voting below! And check out our top nightclubs from 2017 here: tokyonightowl.com/top-tokyo-nightclubs-2017 More
You have arrived in Tokyo, single and ready to mingle. You know the popular dating apps back at home, but what apps do the Japanese use? And which apps have users that can speak English? Well, Japan is no stranger to dating apps and services. Often referred to as “deai-kei” (online dating) or “konkatsu” (looking […] More